Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A size up!

I can't believe we have gone from this...
On our way home, Lilly was 3 days old

To this...

14 months old
We finally moved Lilly from her rear facing baby carrier to an actual forward facing car seat. When we brought Lilly home she was only 5 pounds, they had to run tests on her in her carrier to make sure she could breath. Well now, 14 months later, the pediatrician gave us the ok to switch her around. Her weight wasn't becoming the issue, it was her height. She was just becoming to tall for the baby carrier. She probably doesn't even weigh close to 20 pounds, maybe 18, but we were told it was all about head control and the doctor felt like she was ready. I think she loves riding forward. There is so much more to look at and see, she seems to jabber more to us as well. Maybe she is trying to tell us and ask what she is seeing. Now, are there any tricks on getting her to sleep in this or moving her once she is asleep?

2 comments:

Erica said...

She looks so big!! I love the sides for her head. As for sleeping, it is a rough move. Owen doesn't transfer well at all from sleeping in the carseat to staying asleep when we get inside.

Lisanne said...

I love her bald head! Reminds me of my girls! Riding forward has got to feel so much better, riding backwards always made me sick. (white station wagon:)
lisanne